24 November: Webinar - Stakeholder engagement and governance arrangements in European agricultural drinking water catchments
The importance and significance was discussed of well-functioning agricultural – water stakeholder engagement and governance arrangements in agricultural drinking water catchments for effective water protection, also recognizing the rights of the food producers.
»Download the presentations and see the webinar recording
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Introduction, agenda of the day and practicalities. Sindre Langaas, NIVA
- FAIRWAY and its key messages. Gerard Velthof, WUR
PART 2: CASES
- Example 1: The Island of Tunø – a long standing Danish collaboration. Morten Graversgaard, Aarhus University
- Example 2: A comparison of two Dutch cases. Cors van den Brink, RHDHV
- Example 3: Slovenian case. Katarina Kresnik, Slovenian Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry.
PART 3: SYNTHESIS AND PERSPECTIVES
- Key findings from FAIRWAY on Stakeholder Engagement and Governance Arrangements in Agricultural Drinking Water Catchments. Ingrid Nesheim, NIVA
- Round table discussion on Stakeholder Engagement and Governance Arrangements in Agricultural Drinking Water Catchments; DG Agri (tbc), COPA-COGECA (Niels Peter Nørring), EurEau (Bernard Vallet) and FAIRWAY (Ingrid Nesheim, NIVA & Linda Tendler, Landwirtschaftskammer Niedersachsen)
- The perspective of Europe’s drinking water producers, EurEau
- The perspective of Europe’s food producers, COPA-COGECA
- Conclusions – the way forward, with an emphasis upon further knowledge and innovation needs. Gerard Velthof, WUR.